Why Choose Tutor Doctor?
We know you have many choices when it comes to choosing a tutor for your children. We feel we are leaps and bounds over other tutoring businesses, from the way we choose our tutors, to the way we treat our clients. We pride ourselves on the family atmosphere we have created with Tutor Doctor. Your child will not be just a number, but a member of our Tutor Doctor family, where we truly care about and celebrate your child's successes.
At Tutor Doctor, we are committed to providing a successful learning experience for your child. We do so by:
- Taking the time and care to match your child with a tutor that truly matches his/her needs and personality.
- Providing a convenient, cost-effective way for your family to receive the tutoring services it needs.
- Providing tutoring in a variety of subjects at every grade level, and even to adults!
- Hiring only highly qualified tutors.
At Tutor Doctor, we are committed to providing the highest quality tutors to our clients. We do so by:
- Screening through every tutor application, and only choosing only those with true qualifications to move to the interview process.
- Testing for skills listed and teaching ability. If a tutor says he/she can teach algebra, we have her teach us a lesson first! You can be great at a subject, but not so wonderful at teaching it, and vice versa. We understand this at Tutor Doctor, and we make sure our tutors not only know the subject matter, but how to get it across to their students.
- Background check every tutor for security. If you were to hire a private tutor on your own, you probably would not think to take this extra step.
- Requiring tutors to complete a tutor training through Tutor Doctor, as well as keep impeccable records of your child's progress.
- State of the art matching system. We have the technology to match your child with the perfect tutor. Then, we double check the match with a human touch and make sure it is perfect before matching you!
- Analyzing tutor statistics regularly. We look at renewal rates and customer satisfaction surveys to determine how our tutors are doing, and we only keep the best ones.
Call Me Back
Fill in the form and we'll call you!
How we are Different
Learning Centers often have a high tutor/student ratio, but at Tutor Doctor:
- Students get their own personal tutor who focuses solely on the student and his/her academic needs, often for a more affordable price. Nobody can beat our value!
- We take out the peer pressure and embarrassment of having other students around so your child can focus on learning, not impressing peers.
Unlike many tutoring programs that require parents to bring their child to a tutoring center, at Tutor Doctor:
- We provide students with affordable, professional, one-on-one, individualized tutoring services in the comfort and privacy of their own home.
- No longer is a parent's time wasted by dropping off, waiting, and picking up their children from a learning center. Traditional center-based tutoring companies dictate scheduling, but with Tutor Doctor:
- Families are offered flexibility in scheduling.
- Lesson times can be arranged to fit into the hectic family schedule without any difficulty.
Traditional tutoring centers provide very little individualization using a set curriculum in addition to the student's existing homework. But, at Tutor Doctor:
- The one-on- one instruction provided by Tutor Doctor allows time to review student's current classwork and homework while also rebuilding the missing educational blocks.
- This method of learning has been proven to be the very best way to help children who are behind in their studies, discovering the learning styles and methods that can help them catch up. Traditional tutoring centers generally have no contact with classroom teachers, while at Tutor Doctor:
- Our tutors are often in regular contact with student's teachers, beginning with a teacher feedback assessment requested for each student.
- The tutors work hand-in-hand with a student's teachers to create a tutoring program that is geared towards each student's needs.
Tutor Doctor's services cover all grade levels, from kindergarten to college, and also work with adult learners.
- Each in-home tutoring program is custom-designed to meet each student's specific needs and interests while addressing the underlying foundations of concepts learned.
- The program fills in missing blocks of academic structure, consolidates that with current expectations, and then moves the student ahead to future requirements.
Okay, I clearly see why Tutor Doctor is the better choice over learning centers, but why shouldn't I just hire a private tutor myself?
- Tutor Doctor puts every tutor candidate through an extensive interview and a complete background check process to ensure that our tutors are not just good on paper, but great in person as well.
- Our large roster of tutors means that you are always covered if your current tutor has to leave for any reason.
- Finding the perfect tutor by yourself involves a bit of persistence, a ton of time and a lot of luck. We, at Tutor Doctor, are experienced professionals who use a proprietary software program and our own assessments to perfectly match you to a tutor, making the process painless and easy.
By working collaboratively with students, parents and teachers, Tutor Doctor tutors provide the best supplemental, personalized instruction along with the motivation and confidence needed to help students succeed.